GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H (Intel Z87) Motherboard
Taking a look at the board, you can see the color scheme is in line with what we saw out of the Z87X-UD5TH, which is, of course, the black and red setup. We've got the nice matte black PCB and red highlights on the heat sinks. Let's move in a bit closer, though, to see just what's going on with the Z87X-UD4H.
Looking at the expansion slots, you can see we've got a single legacy PCI slot towards the bottom of the board. Along with that, we've got three PCIe x1 slots and three PCIe x16 slots. If you're going to be using just the one video card, then it will run at x16. If you opt for SLI or CrossFire, then both cards will run at 8x. If you opt to use the third slot, then the second and third slot will run at 4x.
Moving to the bottom of the board, you can see the standard line up of headers, including USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, front panel audio, 3-Pin fan, and our main front panel header in the bottom right corner.
As we turn the corner, you can see we've got another 3-Pin fan header and a total of eight SATA ports. The six black SATA ports are all SATA III and run off the Intel Z87 controller. Along with those, we have a further two SATA III ports that are grey. These run off the Marvell 88SE9172 chip. Finally, you can see we've got a SATA power connector towards the top of the ports. While not required, if you're opting for a higher-end CrossFire or SLI setup, you can add the SATA power cable here to make sure that the PCIe slots have more than enough power to run everything.
Heading to the top of the board, you can see all the usual suspects here. We've got four DIMM slots offering support for up to 32GB of DDR3 ranging in speed from 1333MHz DDR3 to 3000MHz DDR3 via overclocking. Under that, we have our LED Debug meter, USB 3.0 header, 3-Pin fan header, and our main 24-Pin ATX power connector. In the top corner, you can see we've got our quick switches, which include a BIOS switch alongside a reset one and a larger power button.
Like most CPU areas these days, it's a very clean setup. You can also take a closer look at the black and red color scheme with bits of silver. We've become a huge fan of this color scheme from GIGABYTE, and just like the Z87X-UD5TH, it looks great. Towards the top corner of the board, we finish our look with the 8-Pin CPU connector and a 4-Pin CPU fan header.
Heading over to the I/O side of things, you can see we've got a combo PS/2 port along with six USB 3.0 ports. Video output options come via VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, and DisplayPort, while audio comes via six auxiliary ports and an optical out, all which run off the Realtek ALC898 codec. Finally, we finish off with two eSATA 6GB/s ports that run off the Marvell 88SE9172 chip, and a Gigabit networking port that runs off the Intel chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015