8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Seagate 1200 measures 57,276 IOPS at QD256, while the Toshiba PX02SMF outperforms with an impressive 88,493 IOPS
Both SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8K random read test.
The Seagate 1200 again leads in the heavy write workload test, with an average of 20,403 IOPS at QD256. The Toshiba averages 16,259 IOPS at QD256.
The Toshiba experiences significant latency variability, particularly with the heavier workloads.
The Toshiba PX02SMF again leads with the heavier read workloads, but begins to experience variability quickly once the write workload increases.
Power consumption for the 1200 averages 6.16 Watts during the measurement window, and the Toshiba falls slightly lower with 5.98 Watts.
The Seagate 1200 again leads in the efficiency test with an average of 3,320 IOPS per Watt, while the Toshiba clocks a respectable 2,858 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20