8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Seagate 1200 measures 57,276 IOPS at QD256, while the Toshiba PX02SMF outperforms with an impressive 88,493 IOPS
Both SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8K random read test.
The Seagate 1200 again leads in the heavy write workload test, with an average of 20,403 IOPS at QD256. The Toshiba averages 16,259 IOPS at QD256.
The Toshiba experiences significant latency variability, particularly with the heavier workloads.
The Toshiba PX02SMF again leads with the heavier read workloads, but begins to experience variability quickly once the write workload increases.
Power consumption for the 1200 averages 6.16 Watts during the measurement window, and the Toshiba falls slightly lower with 5.98 Watts.
The Seagate 1200 again leads in the efficiency test with an average of 3,320 IOPS per Watt, while the Toshiba clocks a respectable 2,858 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lexus covered its car in 41,999 programmable LED lights
- Nintendo Switch to have Gamecube Virtual Console games
- Sony's new add-on merges trading cards with mobile games
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs