8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Seagate 1200 measures 57,276 IOPS at QD256, while the Toshiba PX02SMF outperforms with an impressive 88,493 IOPS
Both SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8K random read test.
The Seagate 1200 again leads in the heavy write workload test, with an average of 20,403 IOPS at QD256. The Toshiba averages 16,259 IOPS at QD256.
The Toshiba experiences significant latency variability, particularly with the heavier workloads.
The Toshiba PX02SMF again leads with the heavier read workloads, but begins to experience variability quickly once the write workload increases.
Power consumption for the 1200 averages 6.16 Watts during the measurement window, and the Toshiba falls slightly lower with 5.98 Watts.
The Seagate 1200 again leads in the efficiency test with an average of 3,320 IOPS per Watt, while the Toshiba clocks a respectable 2,858 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now