Seagate 1200 Architecture
The Seagate 1200 has steady performance specifications for sequential activity with all capacity points, but the 200GB features slightly lower random write performance. The drives are available in 1.8" and 2.5" form factors with a 7mm z-height.
The full-duplex 12Gb/s SAS connection features multi-path ability for failover redundancy to ensure no single point of failure. Advanced SAS error-control enables robust drive-level error correction, and full data path protection. A multi-layered error-recovery technology suite consists of ECC, LDPC (low-Density Parity Check), and Micro-RAID to protect user data. Micro-RAID is likely similar to Marvell's F.R.A.M.E. capability, which provides embedded parity to combat data loss. This combination of technologies provides a read error rate of one LBA in 10E16 bits transferred.
The SSD features an AFR of .44%, and an impressive MTBF of 2 million hours. Capacitors provide a layer of protection from host power loss. User-selectable logical block size (512, 520, 524, 528, 4096, 4160, 4192, or 4224 bytes per logical block) is also supported.
The standard Seagate 1200 features up to 10 drive writes per day (DWPD) of endurance, and the High-Endurance models offer a staggering 25 DWPD. Seagate also provides the option of Lifetime Endurance Management on their Managed Life models. These models allow the user to specify an acceptable write threshold, and throttle the write performance accordingly to keep the SSD within its expected life curve.
SED and FIPS 140-2 compliant SSD models offer Seagate Instant Erase, cryptographic erase for easier drive repurposing and retirement, and the SANITIZE command.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives