Noise Level Results
Taking the second spot in our charts for the audio levels is great for be quiet!; in fact, they now hold the top two spots. With 7.5V running through the fans, we see that both fans together are only slightly louder than the previous submission with the rating of 25 dB.
While the 120mm fan speeds were in spec at 1300 RPM at this point, the 135mm fan was giving us a reading of 1450 RPM, which is the top specified speed of that fan already. I think there may have been a typo in the specifications chart.
When the fans were let loose in the overclock testing, the noise levels were very tolerable with our open air test system, and I needed to be within two feet to even hear it over the idling VGA fan. It was at this point where we got the 39 dB rating we put in the charts.
As for the fans, the 120 was spinning at 1660 RPM, while the 135mm fan was reporting 2130 RPM. Either way you look at it, the Dark Rock Pro 3 is definitely the best option for both silence and cooling efficiency that we have tested on this newer setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications