For wireless range, we need to refer back to the Network Infrastructure chart on page four of this article. Each chart herein is based on the locations on the table. To make it simple, Location One is the closest and within Line of Sight while Location Four is the furthest away with many walls in between. Location Five tests the routers ability to generate enough signal strength to penetrate to the second floor of a home.
Starting off with the 20MHz 2.4GHz band, we find the REA20 with a consistent reading of -45dbm; locations four and five see the range drop slightly ending at -58dbm.
The 40MHz band shared similar range properties to that of the 20MHz band. Here, we have a steady -45dbm through the first three locations, with the extender dropping off to -58dbm at location five.
The first range test for the 5GHz 20MHz band shows the characteristics of the technology. Here, we have the range with a steady -45dbm through the first two locations, then dropping off for three and four, but returning back to -45dbm for location five.
The 40MHz band showed much of the same, offering -45dbm through the first two, dropping off to -68dbm, and coming back at location five.
The 80MHz band offered up the same performance typical of 5GHz networks. We have excellent performance through the first two locations, a slight drop, and return at the end of testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes