For wireless range, we need to refer back to the Network Infrastructure chart on page four of this article. Each chart herein is based on the locations on the table. To make it simple, Location One is the closest and within Line of Sight while Location Four is the furthest away with many walls in between. Location Five tests the routers ability to generate enough signal strength to penetrate to the second floor of a home.
Starting off with the 20MHz 2.4GHz band, we find the REA20 with a consistent reading of -45dbm; locations four and five see the range drop slightly ending at -58dbm.
The 40MHz band shared similar range properties to that of the 20MHz band. Here, we have a steady -45dbm through the first three locations, with the extender dropping off to -58dbm at location five.
The first range test for the 5GHz 20MHz band shows the characteristics of the technology. Here, we have the range with a steady -45dbm through the first two locations, then dropping off for three and four, but returning back to -45dbm for location five.
The 40MHz band showed much of the same, offering -45dbm through the first two, dropping off to -68dbm, and coming back at location five.
The 80MHz band offered up the same performance typical of 5GHz networks. We have excellent performance through the first two locations, a slight drop, and return at the end of testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game