For wireless range, we need to refer back to the Network Infrastructure chart on page four of this article. Each chart herein is based on the locations on the table. To make it simple, Location One is the closest and within Line of Sight while Location Four is the furthest away with many walls in between. Location Five tests the routers ability to generate enough signal strength to penetrate to the second floor of a home.
Starting off with the 20MHz 2.4GHz band, we find the REA20 with a consistent reading of -45dbm; locations four and five see the range drop slightly ending at -58dbm.
The 40MHz band shared similar range properties to that of the 20MHz band. Here, we have a steady -45dbm through the first three locations, with the extender dropping off to -58dbm at location five.
The first range test for the 5GHz 20MHz band shows the characteristics of the technology. Here, we have the range with a steady -45dbm through the first two locations, then dropping off for three and four, but returning back to -45dbm for location five.
The 40MHz band showed much of the same, offering -45dbm through the first two, dropping off to -68dbm, and coming back at location five.
The 80MHz band offered up the same performance typical of 5GHz networks. We have excellent performance through the first two locations, a slight drop, and return at the end of testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale