Here, we get our first look at the NAS. The front piano black cover uses a magnet and tabs to stay in place. The first time you reattach the cover, it springs out of your hand. There is a small LED light at the top and in the middle. Unlike many other NAS products, this light is tame and won't draw attention to the unit when used in a living room.
With the cover removed, we see the two HDD drive sleds that can hold either 2.5" or 3.5" drives. The two center buttons allow the sleds to slide out of the unit.
The drive sleds are aluminum, and so are the NAS internals and top cover. This allows heat to come off of the HDDs into the case, and then dissipate into the air. The NAS acts as a giant heat sink, so a fan is not needed.
On the back side we see the four USB ports, Ethernet RJ-45 connection, the power connection, and on the far right, a recessed power button.
Rubber feet keep vibration from passing through the NAS and into your other components.
The top of the unit is a nice brushed aluminum.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [QNAP HS-210]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - NASPT]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Real World CIFS File Transfers]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Workload Latency]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni