The Build and Finished Product
Unless you need to change the fan, since the bay covers remove without pulling the bezel, wiring and such is of little concern. Once this panel is closed again, the front of the chassis looks no different than when we got it out of the box, and we do like that about this design.
Inside we had no issues fitting in the 160mm tall NiC C5 cooler, and it looks as if to fit this card, the bays would have to come out anyway. Everything else went together as expected, with no major complaints or downfalls to this design.
The same goes for the back of the chassis. The dust cover snaps in easy enough, the card lined right up, and it was not a hassle to get it mounted with the thumbscrews. We would have liked to see a gasket, but by our testing results, the PSU does not add any vibrations.
Where other cases do not allow for this lower socket to work well for access, the Nanoxia allowed us full access to it. As for the wiring, since we kept the 24-pin and the PCI-E leads in the front, what we did have to tend to here went together easily, and stays well away from the side panel.
As we packed everything up and were about to add power to this system, again we really like that there is no visible change to the outside. It is simple, flat, and something even your better half in the house can stand to look at; we appreciate that it stays that way when the build is completed.
If the fans are set to the low setting, you are going to need to look at the top of the chassis to verify it is even functioning. We were seeing 35 dB ratings at this point, and outside of a foot nothing could be heard at all, so the ring illuminating green to show chassis power is handy.
When the storage devices are active, that ring will flash what I believe is an orange LED. In our booth, the light mixing with the green turned more of a yellow though. Also, with this lighting being contained to the top, it should not blind you, or flood the opposite side of the room with light.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017