Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS you need to look at the extra I/O hardware, and the mountain of potential software features.
The base hardware is the same for the four models offered by Seagate. Seagate used an Intel Atom dual-core processor with hyper threading, and running at 2.13GHz. The systems ship with 4GB of DDR3, and have two gigabit Ethernet ports for failover, dual networks, or 802.3ad. Three USB ports (two 3.0 and a single 2.0) aid in getting data to the drives, as does the USM port that accepts a USM enclosed HDD right on the front of the NAS.
The divide between the four models comes from the drive configuration and capacity. The entry-level model uses two 2TB drives, and is marketing as 4TB. Moving through the product SKUs, we have the 4x 2TB for 8TB of marketed capacity, the 4x 3TB for 12TB, and finally the model we're testing today, with 4x 4TB drives and marketing as a 16TB unit.
The Seagate Business Storage Windows Server 4-Bay NAS has a three-year warranty, and ships with an external power supply, Ethernet cable, USB key with system recovery software (in this case Windows Storage Server 2012), and a quick start guide.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance