Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS you need to look at the extra I/O hardware, and the mountain of potential software features.
The base hardware is the same for the four models offered by Seagate. Seagate used an Intel Atom dual-core processor with hyper threading, and running at 2.13GHz. The systems ship with 4GB of DDR3, and have two gigabit Ethernet ports for failover, dual networks, or 802.3ad. Three USB ports (two 3.0 and a single 2.0) aid in getting data to the drives, as does the USM port that accepts a USM enclosed HDD right on the front of the NAS.
The divide between the four models comes from the drive configuration and capacity. The entry-level model uses two 2TB drives, and is marketing as 4TB. Moving through the product SKUs, we have the 4x 2TB for 8TB of marketed capacity, the 4x 3TB for 12TB, and finally the model we're testing today, with 4x 4TB drives and marketing as a 16TB unit.
The Seagate Business Storage Windows Server 4-Bay NAS has a three-year warranty, and ships with an external power supply, Ethernet cable, USB key with system recovery software (in this case Windows Storage Server 2012), and a quick start guide.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases next-gen Optane tech, requires Kaby Lake
- HyperX ships more than 2 million headsets in three years
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available
- BC1 wins IF design award
- Battle trailer introduces NieR: Automata main weapon types