Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS you need to look at the extra I/O hardware, and the mountain of potential software features.
The base hardware is the same for the four models offered by Seagate. Seagate used an Intel Atom dual-core processor with hyper threading, and running at 2.13GHz. The systems ship with 4GB of DDR3, and have two gigabit Ethernet ports for failover, dual networks, or 802.3ad. Three USB ports (two 3.0 and a single 2.0) aid in getting data to the drives, as does the USM port that accepts a USM enclosed HDD right on the front of the NAS.
The divide between the four models comes from the drive configuration and capacity. The entry-level model uses two 2TB drives, and is marketing as 4TB. Moving through the product SKUs, we have the 4x 2TB for 8TB of marketed capacity, the 4x 3TB for 12TB, and finally the model we're testing today, with 4x 4TB drives and marketing as a 16TB unit.
The Seagate Business Storage Windows Server 4-Bay NAS has a three-year warranty, and ships with an external power supply, Ethernet cable, USB key with system recovery software (in this case Windows Storage Server 2012), and a quick start guide.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset