In the main control tab we are given quite a bit to deal with. First, we look into how the Caps Lock key will work, as it can be set to be the Easy-Shift key, the ROCCAT Talk key, or you can set it to what is it supposed to do by name. You may also swap which key to use as the Function key, and you also have the ability to disable five keys on the keyboard at any time. The last bit on the left allows you to control the repeat rate and delay of the keys.
To the right, they offer a slider for the LED illumination intensity, and below you can set the idle state. So, after a set amount of time, there are eight options of what the keyboard will do after that time has expired. The last bits cover the sound feedback for certain things, and just how loud that will be, along with a driver reset button for when things go bad. At the bottom of all the tabs, you will also see the five profiles that you can make all of these settings work with.
The key assignment tab does exactly what you think it would; it allows you to reassign keys to what you need them for. The image to the right allows one to click on any key, and it will show at the left. You can change not only its default function, but you can also assign the Easy-Shift function as well. At the bottom right corner, you will locate the Macro manager button that opens another window to allow you to record the macro, name it, with use of delays, repeatability, and you even can say how many times to repeat the command on a scale of 1 to 255 as well.
The key illumination is where things get really interesting. The layer illumination will let you set the lighting differently for the normal use, Macro use, and Easy-Shift use, and to show each obviously as functioning at that time of use. Below that, you can pick any key on the board and make it stay on, turn it off, or make it blink while the others do as they are told at the right. There are also effects to be used like fade and ripple effects.
It also offers a delay on how long the effect lasts after hitting a key. To the right, you can use automatic settings, manual settings, or dive into the LED Macro manager that allows you to take lighting schemes to individual Macros. At the bottom are boxes you can check to turn on and off certain blocks of lights, and you can even make the keyboard show volume levels, and allow for the Macro lighting.
You can see we tested this keyboard for quite a while messing with LED options and getting a few reviews written with it so far, and this is what R.A.D. is for. It will count the total key strokes, stats on specific ones, and will also offer trophies for achievements as you use the Ryos MK Pro for longer than we have so far.
The Update and Support page not only shows what versions of firmware and software we are currently running, but it also will provide you with one click links to where you can obtain newer versions of the wares. The right then offers three ways to address issues, or where to discuss your love of the product via the support page link, the forums link, and even an email request link.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [Ryos MK Pro Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the Ryos MK Pro]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni