Specifications, Availability and Pricing
While we did sort of spill the beans a bit early on some of the features, the chart above shows we just touched on what the Ryos MK Pro offers. Of course, we hit on the per-key illumination with what they say offers "insane customization possibilities", but we never even mentioned the Easy-Shift system that allows a second layer of functionality to most of the keys. This keyboard does offer N-key rollover support, is powered by a pair of 32-bit ARM Cortex processors, and even keeps track of certain keystrokes for an achievement system found in the software.
The Ryos MK Pro also offers options of red, blue, black, and brown Cherry switches, and we received one with Cherry MX browns in our sample. There is a smudge proof design with textures and micro-dots used to keep this keyboard looking clean for longer. It also offers two USB 2.0 ports and HD Audio support via a pair of 3.5mm jacks. Lastly, the Ryos MK Pro offers a built-in wrist rest, offers channeling underneath to route mouse or headset cabling, and of course comes with ROCCAT Talk to allow the mouse and keyboard to possibly do functions for each other if needed.
Aesthetically, this keyboard has a one of a kind design as well. The corners are cut at angles; in fact, the only true straight surface is the back edge of the keyboard, the rest is a play on angles and little design additions that not only make this look good, but also add just a bit more width to the top half. This additional width allows users to more room get a grip on the keyboard to move it around than what we see with most mechanical keyboards. Where things would typically be shiny plastic on a ROCCAT product, this time around there are only micro-dots of shininess, as the rest of these parts are matte in finish. Other parts are given a texture to them, and both the dot system and the textured parts won't show fingerprints, effectively making cleaning much less of a hassle with this ROCCAT keyboard.
Finding one of the Ryos MK Pro keyboards is rather easy, as stock showed up just about everywhere we looked. What will surprise you a bit is that even with all the additional features that this keyboard offers, on top of the normal feature set of a ROCCAT keyboard, customers will not have to sell a car or mortgage the house to afford this.
In fact, the Ryos MK Pro is priced right along with many other, more mundane, offerings in mechanical keyboards. That alone will turn a lot of heads, but is all this a gimmick, or is there real sales value in what ROCCAT spent all of this time on? This is exactly what we plan to go over as we cover the latest and greatest from ROCCAT in the Ryos MK Pro mechanical gaming keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $169.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [Ryos MK Pro Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the Ryos MK Pro]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform