When I walked in to see ROCCAT last year at CES, there was product introduction for their various products like mice, gaming keyboards, and mouse pads. What really sticks out in my mind after all that? It was when we were led into another room in the suite to have some one on one time with the engineers at ROCCAT. In the room was a desk, a couple of chairs, a full system running, and on the desk top were two things I had never seen before: the per-key illuminated Ryos MK Pro, and a dock holding a cell phone with the Power Grid application that Charles Gantt wrote about at the end of last year.
At this time, they had everything functional; there were just some software and final design tweaks that had yet to be finalized before this keyboard could hit the market. However, after just a minute or two with the engineers running through some of the features, I knew they were onto something that the rest of the world had never before seen in a keyboard. On top of the per-key illumination (which means each key or a group of keys could be turned on or off), ROCCAT had developed little programs to take things a giant step further.
This all brings us to today, where the Ryos MK Pro is fully functional and available for everyone who wants the latest and greatest in mechanical keyboards to get one. Don't confine yourself to the basic thought of just turning the LEDs on and off either. These programs that are run via the software are some of the coolest lighting effects and visual indicators, and can even be set up to do things you may have never even thought of.
Things like a starry sky as an idle setting for the keys, or like the volume of the system lighting up the numbers as the volume is told to increase or decrease, and with the Power Grid app, Macro keys, Thumbster keys, and of course ROCCAT Talk: the Ryos MK Pro is raising the bar in what can be found in a mechanical keyboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [Ryos MK Pro Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the Ryos MK Pro]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club