When I walked in to see ROCCAT last year at CES, there was product introduction for their various products like mice, gaming keyboards, and mouse pads. What really sticks out in my mind after all that? It was when we were led into another room in the suite to have some one on one time with the engineers at ROCCAT. In the room was a desk, a couple of chairs, a full system running, and on the desk top were two things I had never seen before: the per-key illuminated Ryos MK Pro, and a dock holding a cell phone with the Power Grid application that Charles Gantt wrote about at the end of last year.
At this time, they had everything functional; there were just some software and final design tweaks that had yet to be finalized before this keyboard could hit the market. However, after just a minute or two with the engineers running through some of the features, I knew they were onto something that the rest of the world had never before seen in a keyboard. On top of the per-key illumination (which means each key or a group of keys could be turned on or off), ROCCAT had developed little programs to take things a giant step further.
This all brings us to today, where the Ryos MK Pro is fully functional and available for everyone who wants the latest and greatest in mechanical keyboards to get one. Don't confine yourself to the basic thought of just turning the LEDs on and off either. These programs that are run via the software are some of the coolest lighting effects and visual indicators, and can even be set up to do things you may have never even thought of.
Things like a starry sky as an idle setting for the keys, or like the volume of the system lighting up the numbers as the volume is told to increase or decrease, and with the Power Grid app, Macro keys, Thumbster keys, and of course ROCCAT Talk: the Ryos MK Pro is raising the bar in what can be found in a mechanical keyboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [Ryos MK Pro Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the Ryos MK Pro]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- Nintendo Switch teardown teases massive 4310mAh battery
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league