Overall I was very pleased with the Hardcano 12 unit. While the ability to control the fan speeds was an expected function, the other added features made for a pleasant surprise. Of note was the ability to hook up several powerful fans onto a single channel without fear of burning the unit out. Add to this the ability to control separate channels individually and things look even better.
Of course the looks will also go far in setting this device apart from the crowd. With a sleek overall look and a nice color scheme, it won't take long for others to notice you at your next LAN.
I was a bit disappointed about the default settings reset when rebooting, though. The simple addition of a small battery would take care of this little glitch with ease. Even if you plan on using the automatic fan speed controllers, having to manually reset the alarm levels for each channel wasn't that exciting.
Bottom line...If you've been considering some sort of formal fan speed controller and want something that is not only effective but looks good too, then you should take a look at the Thermaltake Hardcano 12. It handles the fan speeds with ease and even works well as an automatic controller to make it an even better option.
No low amperage rating per channel
Effective automatic mode control
Thermal probes correspond to fan controllers
All settings reset after reboot
No custom alarm settings
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" BEST FEATURES Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives