Overall I was very pleased with the Hardcano 12 unit. While the ability to control the fan speeds was an expected function, the other added features made for a pleasant surprise. Of note was the ability to hook up several powerful fans onto a single channel without fear of burning the unit out. Add to this the ability to control separate channels individually and things look even better.
Of course the looks will also go far in setting this device apart from the crowd. With a sleek overall look and a nice color scheme, it won't take long for others to notice you at your next LAN.
I was a bit disappointed about the default settings reset when rebooting, though. The simple addition of a small battery would take care of this little glitch with ease. Even if you plan on using the automatic fan speed controllers, having to manually reset the alarm levels for each channel wasn't that exciting.
Bottom line...If you've been considering some sort of formal fan speed controller and want something that is not only effective but looks good too, then you should take a look at the Thermaltake Hardcano 12. It handles the fan speeds with ease and even works well as an automatic controller to make it an even better option.
No low amperage rating per channel
Effective automatic mode control
Thermal probes correspond to fan controllers
All settings reset after reboot
No custom alarm settings
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" BEST FEATURES Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset