Power draw levels on the G1.Sniper 87 are slightly up compared to a lot of the boards here. At stock, you can see the numbers fall more in line with the Z87X-OC Force, which draws a bit more power at both idle and load.
Overclocking brings an increase in numbers as you'd expect; overall though, they're not too high. Any quality power supply would deal with this kind of setup.
At stock, you can see the G1.Sniper Z87 runs a little warmer than our other GIGABYTE offerings, but cooler than the ASRock at both idle and load. Looking at our overclocked numbers, you can see that the idle number jumps just slightly.
The load number one though, does jump significantly, coming in at 92c. We've still got a bit of room to move, but at this number you'd probably prefer to shave a few MHz off the clock, and drop the load temperature by a strong 10c+.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player launches early
- Search engines are about to be creepy good at predicting what you want
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance