Toshiba Q Series Pro 256GB SSD
This is the first time we've tested a Toshiba SSD with a retail package, and all of the accessories. The Toshiba package gives us some information on the front, including performance data.
Inside, we found the drive in a bubble package, a quick install guide, and a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter plate.
The bubble pack adds a nice touch, and secures the drive in the box really well.
Here we get our first look at the Q Series Pro in 2.5" form factor. There really isn't much to the retail drive, at least not on the outside.
All of the mounting points and the SATA power and data connectors are where they should be.
Inside, we found a similar configuration to the THNSNH drive. Toshiba used a controller, and eight NAND flash packages. The controller and the flash all have thermal pads to push heat away from the package and into the drive's case. Note the lack of a DRAM buffer.
All of the surface mount components are on the primary side.
Here we get our first look at the Toshiba controller used in the Q Series Pro 256GB. The thermal pad makes it difficult to read all of the markings.
It shouldn't be a surprise to find Toshiba NAND flash on the drive. Toshiba used 19nm flash with four die per package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Toshiba Q Series Pro 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.