Inside the ARC Mini R2
As we glance inside with the panels now out of the way, we can see the wiring is somewhat tended to, as it was run through the management hole, but still allowed to flop around. We also find the hardware packed in the HDD rack near the bottom.
The pair of 5.25" bays does require the use of thumbscrews instead of tool-free clips, but if you look above the bays, there are screws in the frame rail that will allow complete removal of these. Inside of the bays is the wiring for the fan controller, six fan leads, and a 4-pin Molex.
The HDD rack holds six white trays that allow for either 2.5" or 3.5" drives to be installed. These are also broken up into two sections to allow some modularity, to fit both a long video card, and still offer some storage space.
That is exactly what we have done here. We removed a couple of thumbscrews, lifted a tab at the back, and the middle section slid right out to expose the 120mm fan installed at the front. There is still the option to remove screws from the floor of the chassis and remove this rack as well.
The motherboard tray has not changed in the revision; we have the same setup as before. There are plenty of holes with grommets to fit the wiring through, and also a fair amount of tie points to tend to what is needed behind the tray. Also, the access hole is not very low in the way they cut it, and may cause issues.
The floor of the chassis offers four rubber pads to set the PSU on to keep vibrations down, but we can also see a gasket on the back as well. If there are plans to use a smaller PSU, then you also have the option to fill the fan location with an optional 120mm fan.
The back of the chassis offers the 140mm fan with white blades and a black frame, to match the theme in the HDD trays and the expansion card slot covers below. Also, note that all three fans have black braided sleeves, and use a 3-pin fan connector for power.
Behind the motherboard tray you have 15mm of space in the low points, and 20mm where the SSD trays and structural bumps don't cut into the space. We can also see that they took the time to get a bit if the wire management done for you, but there is still fan controller and fan wiring to tend to.
Pulling the wiring back through the grommet, we found the front I/O wiring close to the Native USB 3.0 connection, which also has a tail attached to offer USB 2.0 compatibility as well. The last cable closest to the chassis would be the HD Audio cable that is just long enough to reach across the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New leak shows iPhone 8's fingerprint reader on the back
- Elon Musk gets approval to build NYC-DC Hyperloop
- N64 Mini hinted by new Nintendo trademark
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court