Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 Micro-ATX Chassis
The front of the ARC Mini R2 is rounded on the sides, but flat at the top and bottom. The plastic exterior has had a brushed aluminium pattern applied to it, and the pair of 5.25" bay covers for a bit of elegance. As for the rest of the panel, this is covered with the removable mesh panel that also offers the Fractal Design name.
Two clips at the top allow the mesh to be pressed in to release the latches, and the top won't fall out as the bottom has a pair of tabs that help hold it into the bezel. There is a layer of foam for a dust filter inside of it, to keep the 120mm fan placed there free from debris.
At the top of the front bezel, but actually attached to the front frame, we find the front I/O panel. Here, there is a reset button, the audio jacks, the power button with LED indicators, a pair of USB 3.0 ports, and a three-way fan controller switch.
The rest of the top panel has a bit of plastic trim around the edges for structural purposes, but the mesh takes up as much room as possible, while still being structurally sound. This panel is also easily removable to allow much better access for mounting fans or water cooling.
All we had to do was remove two thumbscrews, and the top slides off of the back. Under the top is the same foam insert we found in the front. We know this will allow a 240mm radiator, but a tower of this stature allowing for a 360mm option as well? Well done Fractal Design, well done.
The left side of the chassis shows the top, front, and the side panel itself all line up well, and leave very even gaps and lines around the chassis. We also see a large tinted window that is mostly rectangular with rounded corners, but has two corners cut back more to add a bit of styling.
The back of the chassis starts with the removable top, just above a pair of holes with grommets in them for water cooling. We then see the rear I/O next to the exhaust fan, with the four plus one expansion slot configuration just below that. This leaves the PSU to go in the bottom.
The right side of the chassis is pretty plain. There is a lot of steel and textured black paint to look at, but since the window offers such a nice view, the likelihood of seeing this side on a regular basis is slim anyways.
The bottom of the chassis offers four round legs with rubber feet applied to keep it stable and in one place. There is a long removable dust filter to cover the PSU and the optional fan location, and if you look closely, you can see the screw heads to remove the lower HDD rack from the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand