Kingfast C-Drive F8 Series 240GB SSD
Package wise, there really isn't much to see. Kingfast designed everything to stock on a hanger at a convenience store. 7-11's are on every corner in Asia, and when I see SSDs in blister packs, that's what I think of. I'll take a pack of Camel Filters and the 240GB Kingfast please.
The back of the package is dedicated to warranty information, and where to reach out to for support.
Here, we get our first look at the drive. The KF2510MBJ09 is a 9mm z-height design, but Kingfast also makes a 7mm version.
I've been asked before: "Why do you talk about the mounting points in all of your reviews? Who would make a drive without the proper mounting spacing?"
Although it's been a few years since I was able to make a significant contribution to talking about mounting holes, but this is why. The Kingfast sample we received only has three of the four standard mounting points on the bottom of the drive.
Everything is all good on the side mounts though.
The SATA power and data connectors are also where they should be.
Inside, I found a half-length PCB with the components needed to make an SSD operate.
There are eight NAND flash packages total; four on each side. Kingfast used Toshiba 19nm flash in TSOP packages with four die per package.
Here, we get our first look at the new JMF667H controller and the 128MB Nanya DRAM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Kingfast C-Drive F8 Series 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- Halloween Sale: Under $7 for Evil Within & Mad Max
- ZOTAC's new mini PC packs full-sized GeForce GTX 1080
- Brand new Intel Kaby Lake HP laptops, up to $510 Off
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards