Kingfast C-Drive F8 Series 240GB SSD
Package wise, there really isn't much to see. Kingfast designed everything to stock on a hanger at a convenience store. 7-11's are on every corner in Asia, and when I see SSDs in blister packs, that's what I think of. I'll take a pack of Camel Filters and the 240GB Kingfast please.
The back of the package is dedicated to warranty information, and where to reach out to for support.
Here, we get our first look at the drive. The KF2510MBJ09 is a 9mm z-height design, but Kingfast also makes a 7mm version.
I've been asked before: "Why do you talk about the mounting points in all of your reviews? Who would make a drive without the proper mounting spacing?"
Although it's been a few years since I was able to make a significant contribution to talking about mounting holes, but this is why. The Kingfast sample we received only has three of the four standard mounting points on the bottom of the drive.
Everything is all good on the side mounts though.
The SATA power and data connectors are also where they should be.
Inside, I found a half-length PCB with the components needed to make an SSD operate.
There are eight NAND flash packages total; four on each side. Kingfast used Toshiba 19nm flash in TSOP packages with four die per package.
Here, we get our first look at the new JMF667H controller and the 128MB Nanya DRAM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Kingfast C-Drive F8 Series 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni