HYDRA Reference Board
Our HYDRA SATA Bridge reference board came with a SAS-to-SATA cable for connection of the board to a standard SATA port. Devices featuring the IPA-SA117A-BR utilize a SATA 6Gb/s connection in actual deployment.
We note the two Micron 1Gb DDR3-1333 DRAM cache modules to the right of the controller. Four SATA connectors line the bottom of the PCB, and two Molex connections are available to supply power on the right edge.
For testing, we connected four 200GB Intel DC S3700 SSDs to the HYDRA Bridge.
At LSI's AIS 2013 event, we spied a working prototype of a HYDRA device in Avant's booth. Avant manufactures SSD solutions under their own name, as well as for other manufacturers. It is possible that we could see this same device branded through several different companies. This 2TB device has four separate SSD controllers working in concert with the HYDRA solution in a 2.5" SSD with a 15mm z-height.
We observe the plethora of power capacitors on the top of this custom three-PCB SSD.
The three PCBs are densely stacked to provide copious capacity in a slim device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now