HYDRA Reference Board
Our HYDRA SATA Bridge reference board came with a SAS-to-SATA cable for connection of the board to a standard SATA port. Devices featuring the IPA-SA117A-BR utilize a SATA 6Gb/s connection in actual deployment.
We note the two Micron 1Gb DDR3-1333 DRAM cache modules to the right of the controller. Four SATA connectors line the bottom of the PCB, and two Molex connections are available to supply power on the right edge.
For testing, we connected four 200GB Intel DC S3700 SSDs to the HYDRA Bridge.
At LSI's AIS 2013 event, we spied a working prototype of a HYDRA device in Avant's booth. Avant manufactures SSD solutions under their own name, as well as for other manufacturers. It is possible that we could see this same device branded through several different companies. This 2TB device has four separate SSD controllers working in concert with the HYDRA solution in a 2.5" SSD with a 15mm z-height.
We observe the plethora of power capacitors on the top of this custom three-PCB SSD.
The three PCBs are densely stacked to provide copious capacity in a slim device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi sells a million phones in India in 18 days
- Razer Blade Pro laptop rocks GTX 1080, 4K G-Sync display
- Nintendo Switch may sport dedicated game video recording
- Get this Samsung wireless charging pad for over 70% off
- Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer shows amazing graphics
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook Review
- How do i contact the moderators?
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package