Performance & Cameras Tests
I don't think Google and LG concentrated enough on the 8-megapixel rear-facing camera on the Nexus 5, and while it is a major improvement over the Nexus 4's rear-facing snapper, it's simply not good enough. I hate typing that, but it's the truth. It's a great rear-facing camera, but I really hoped for something better.
But then the other side of me thinks: Well, it is a $400 smartphone competing with the $650+ smartphones, am I asking for too much? Judge from the samples below, some of them have come out quite well.
It takes great shots, but it can be slow, cumbersome to use, and at times the entire Camera app can lock up, requiring a reboot before the Camera can be accessed.
We have more examples of the Nexus 5's camera than we would for other reviews, as we've changed some of the sections of this review for the Nexus 5. We have a massive collection of photos to try and give you an idea of the quality to expect.
Above, we have some Panoramic shots to show off.
Next up, we have some 1080p videos to sample.
As you can see from the video samples, the Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) works incredibly well here. I took some videos down at the beach, and while the sound is incredibly bad because of the wind, it gives you a great look at the image stabilization that works its magic inside of the Nexus 5.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives