Performance & Cameras Tests
I don't think Google and LG concentrated enough on the 8-megapixel rear-facing camera on the Nexus 5, and while it is a major improvement over the Nexus 4's rear-facing snapper, it's simply not good enough. I hate typing that, but it's the truth. It's a great rear-facing camera, but I really hoped for something better.
But then the other side of me thinks: Well, it is a $400 smartphone competing with the $650+ smartphones, am I asking for too much? Judge from the samples below, some of them have come out quite well.
It takes great shots, but it can be slow, cumbersome to use, and at times the entire Camera app can lock up, requiring a reboot before the Camera can be accessed.
We have more examples of the Nexus 5's camera than we would for other reviews, as we've changed some of the sections of this review for the Nexus 5. We have a massive collection of photos to try and give you an idea of the quality to expect.
Above, we have some Panoramic shots to show off.
Next up, we have some 1080p videos to sample.
As you can see from the video samples, the Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) works incredibly well here. I took some videos down at the beach, and while the sound is incredibly bad because of the wind, it gives you a great look at the image stabilization that works its magic inside of the Nexus 5.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Musk shows capabilities of the new self-driving hardware
- Landing on Mars didn't go as planned
- Xiaomi sells a million phones in India in 18 days
- Razer Blade Pro laptop rocks GTX 1080, 4K G-Sync display
- Nintendo Switch may sport dedicated game video recording
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook Review
- How do i contact the moderators?
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package