Performance & Cameras Tests
I don't think Google and LG concentrated enough on the 8-megapixel rear-facing camera on the Nexus 5, and while it is a major improvement over the Nexus 4's rear-facing snapper, it's simply not good enough. I hate typing that, but it's the truth. It's a great rear-facing camera, but I really hoped for something better.
But then the other side of me thinks: Well, it is a $400 smartphone competing with the $650+ smartphones, am I asking for too much? Judge from the samples below, some of them have come out quite well.
It takes great shots, but it can be slow, cumbersome to use, and at times the entire Camera app can lock up, requiring a reboot before the Camera can be accessed.
We have more examples of the Nexus 5's camera than we would for other reviews, as we've changed some of the sections of this review for the Nexus 5. We have a massive collection of photos to try and give you an idea of the quality to expect.
Above, we have some Panoramic shots to show off.
Next up, we have some 1080p videos to sample.
As you can see from the video samples, the Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) works incredibly well here. I took some videos down at the beach, and while the sound is incredibly bad because of the wind, it gives you a great look at the image stabilization that works its magic inside of the Nexus 5.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV PC recommends GTX 1080 Ti
- Tomb Raider: native 4K on Xbox One X, high FPS mode
- Age of Empires IV announced
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 will debut with the Galaxy S9?
- Sony teases new PlayStation console?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience