GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5TH (Intel Z87) Motherboard
Moving away from the package, and onto the board, you can see the typical matte black design that we so often see from GIGABYTE. It's a great color, and against the red highlights we really end up with a board that looks great. Let's move in a little closer to see just exactly what's going on today though.
Checking out the expansion slots, you can see we've got a single legacy PCIe, two PCIe x1 slots, along with a single mini-PCI Express slot for a wireless communication module, and three PCIe x16 slots. As for the setup of these slots, the top one runs at x16, unless the second one is used, in which case they will both run at x8. If the second and third slots are used, the final setup would be x8/x4/x4.
Before we move to the bottom of the board, we're just going to quickly move above the top most PCIe slot. Here, you can see a Mini PCIe card, which offers us Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, along with Bluetooth 4.0 support.
Heading to the bottom of the board, you can see a fairly standard array of headers. On the far right, you can see our main front panel header, along with one of three fan headers. We've got a single USB 3.0 header, three USB 3.0 headers, and a front panel audio header to round off the main ones.
As we turn the corner, you can see we've got a total of eight SATA ports being offered. All are SATA III, although the six black ones run off the Z87 chipset. As for the two grey ones, they run off the Marvell 88SE9172 chip. Next to this, we can also see a SATA power connector. This is used if you're opting to make use of SLI to provide more power to the PCIe slots.
Heading to the top half of the board, you can see our main 24-Pin ATX power connector, USB 3.0 header, and a LED Debug reader together. In the top corner, you can see a power button along with a reset and BIOS switch. We've got the standard four DIMM slots, which offer us support for up to 32GB of DDR3 ranging from 1333MHz DDR to 3000MHz DDR via overclocking.
Moving away from the RAM slots, and into the CPU area, you can see we've got a very clean setup going on, as usual. You can also see another look at our mini PCIe Wi-Fi / Bluetooth card, and the heat sink design that uses the red highlights that look really fantastic. In the top corner, you can see we've got our 8-Pin CPU power connector.
Finally, we finish up with the I/O side of things. Starting from the left, we've got our combo PS/2 port, along with two of the six USB 3.0 ports. You can see our two ports that are used for our Antenna that is included in the package. Below that you can see a single DVI-I port, and next to that a HDMI 1.4a port.
Moving along, you can see we've got a single Gigabit port running off the Intel chipset, and next to that you can see we've got our dual Thunderbolt ports. Finally, we finish up with our five auxiliary ports, along with a single optical port, which all run off the Realtek ALC898 Codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- StarCraft Korean legend 'Flash' retires
- Microsoft dev streams Halo 5 from Xbox One to HoloLens
- Samsung announces new OEM 750 Series SSDs with corporate warranty
- Seagate boasts new storage archtecture capable of 1Tbps
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China