The Build and Finished Product
While much hasn't changed up front, we did add the DVD drive. One thing I like about this design is that the front does not look funny, or disturbed in any way, since the rings don't connect from bay to bay; so removing one does not destroy the appeal.
I did have to dig a bit to find an air cooler that would fit inside this chassis with the 155mm limitation, but we got it all sorted and finished. Two issues you need to know: longer cards will make HDD bays useless, and with a large cooler, getting to the screws at the top of the motherboard is nearly impossible.
Out back, there is nothing worthy of any special mentions. The dust cover snapped right in, we had no issues with the card aligning, and the PSU fit as expected.
With a modular PSU, we had no extra wiring to hide. However, we did use the pair of tabs on the side of the tray to run all of the front I/O wiring, and since we also had the short wiring kit, there just isn't anything left over to tend to.
Getting the panels back on is easy enough considering we don't have to worry about wiring in the back; they simply slide back on, and the thumbscrews get replaced. At this point, we are ready to power things up, and get some testing done.
With the system fired up, we took a quick picture with all the LEDs active. There is just a peek of the blue LED in the back through the side panel window, the motherboard LED is shining through the mesh top, and we can also see the blue power LED, and the red HDD activity LED. The nice thing here is that they are on an angle, so as not to blind you accidentally.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA rumored to unveil Volta-based GeForce tomorrow
- X299 AORUS Gaming 9 teased, ready for 12C/24T CPUs
- Nintendo to produce 18 million Switch consoles this year
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017