Specifications, Availability and Pricing
With the Chaser A21, we are given a chassis made of SECC steel, and ABS plastic. This chassis is black inside and out, and while it weighs nearly twelve pounds while empty, it is a compact mid-tower. The Chaser A21 is 427mm in height, 497mm in depth, but is only 195mm in width. For a bit of flash, the bay drive covers on the front are ringed in light blue, and will match quite a few motherboards, PSUs, and memory components that are already on the market.
While most of the chassis is textured (both in the plastic bezel, and on the steel components), Thermaltake sneaks a couple of shiny bits onto the bezel as well, to add a bit of contrast. The left side of the chassis offers ventilation, and a smaller window placed high enough to really afford only a view of the CPU cooler and memory, while the right side offers a bump that really offers no benefit.
As for what this chassis offers on the inside, well let's start at the front, and work towards the back. The front offers room for one optional 120mm fan to be installed, and behind that are three 5.25" bays, one of which can be converted into a 3.5" bay. There is also a stack of six 3.5" bays, where one of which can be used for a 2.5" drive as well. The top of the chassis offers room for an optional pair of 120mm fans, and they are offset from the motherboard to allow for better clearance. Speaking of the motherboard, you have the ability to house either a Micro-ATX, or an ATX motherboard inside of the Chaser A21.
The floor offers room for yet another optional 120mm fan in front of the PSU location, both of which are covered with a removable dust filter. The back of the chassis houses the only provided 120mm fan, and it happens to be LED lit as well. Below that are seven expansion slots for cards no longer than 320mm in length. There is another limitation of 155mm for the CPU cooler to remember, and the last optional fan location (for a single 120mm fan) is in the left side panel. That finishes things out for this Chaser.
This chassis has been available for quite some time now; at just about any location you choose to look at. While the usual suspects of best sellers in this category tend to run buyers right around $99.99 for a fully featured offering, this is not the angle Thermaltake took at all.
Here, the idea was to allow the customer to customize the build. In doing so, they are also able to keep the pricing much lower, into a range that anyone can afford, and doing so with just enough style to turn heads without looking like something made for a fourteen year old boy. For relative pricing for your area, check out the pricing links below, but at this point, we definitely like where this design is going, since it is so affordable to obtain.
PRICING: You can find the Thermaltake Chaser A21 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Thermaltake Chaser A21 retails for $71.57 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Project Scorpio has 'no real technical limit on games'
- 'Avatar' 2 - 5 have new release dates, if you still care
- Take-Two kills GTA V's Red Dead Redemption mod
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club