It is a proven fact that men in particular are visually stimulated more so than women. Given that train of thought, is it a surprise that this type of display method is used for marketing the features of the Super Silencer 460? Nice little visual graphics show off the primary features of this PSU so we'll take a quick peek at them and explain what they mean.
Super High Efficiency - For a power supply to work properly within your system, it must be able to effectively convert AC power from the outlet to a DC power supply, which is then used by the system components. Seasonic aims for an efficiency rating of 80% in this conversion process making it require less power from the outlet to run your system.
Smart/Silent Fan Control - This can be summed up by the words "Low Noise". In essence there is a fan controller built within the PSU. When internal temperatures begin to rise, the fan speed increases. Even with the fan speeds maxed out the noise levels of this model are rated at no more than 25 dBA. To give a more workable example of this noise level, a whisper is considered to be at a level of 22-23 dBA.
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) - PFC is a buzz word you may have been hearing lately with regards to power supplies. To put it as simply as possible, the higher the PFC the lower the power consumption from the electrical source. This is due to the way that the power is converted to DC. There are two types, active and passive, with active being the better of the two.
Soft Mounting Rubber Cushion Fan - This particular feature is self explanatory as it consists of a soft mounted fan assembly to keep rattles and excess noise to a minimum.
Universal Free Input - This is nothing more than an automatic detection of a 120 or 240v electrical system. There is no need to manually flip a switch on the back of the PSU to adjust for the proper current.
Forward Converter - I try to keep the real technical terminology to a minimum when talking about power supplies. After all, we really want reliable power as the end result. Simply put, this feature is nothing more than a new way to convert the power within the power supply itself.
Cable Management Kit - This feature was discussed on the previous page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Seasonic 460 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Seasonic 460 - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Seasonic 460 - Page 3 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup