Layout of the P9D WS is typical of ATX motherboards; everything is as it should be, with no surprises. We see nothing that would stick out and block airflow.
Typical layout of the CPU socket area for the new Intel CPU's; it is very clean, and there are not a lot of components in this area. This helps everything run nice and cool with good airflow.
The rear I/O area has the usual supplied connections. We also see the USB BIOS Flashback button under the DVI connector.
To use the USB BIOS Flashback button, first insert a USB storage device into the USB Flashback port on the motherboard. Launch the USB Flashback Wizard will automatically download the latest BIOS. Press and hold the USB Flashback button for three seconds or until a flashing light appears. Finally, wait until the light goes out, and the update has completed.
The onboard Intel i210 chipset supports the two RJ-45 network connectors. These also support teaming, and are certified by VMware to support virtualization.
Connectors on the left side of the motherboard are clear as to their function, with easy to read labels.
When the EPU switch is set to enable, it will monitor system loading, and moderate the power consumption. This is set to disable by default.
The lower left side of the motherboard again shows clean and easy to read connector labels.
Just above the mounting hole, we see the Directkey button that allows you to go right to the BIOS setup program anytime, without pressing the Delete key during post. This button also acts like a power on/off button.
Near the first PCIe slot, we see the Dr. Power switch, which enables/disables the Dr. Power Utility.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni