Layout of the P9D WS is typical of ATX motherboards; everything is as it should be, with no surprises. We see nothing that would stick out and block airflow.
Typical layout of the CPU socket area for the new Intel CPU's; it is very clean, and there are not a lot of components in this area. This helps everything run nice and cool with good airflow.
The rear I/O area has the usual supplied connections. We also see the USB BIOS Flashback button under the DVI connector.
To use the USB BIOS Flashback button, first insert a USB storage device into the USB Flashback port on the motherboard. Launch the USB Flashback Wizard will automatically download the latest BIOS. Press and hold the USB Flashback button for three seconds or until a flashing light appears. Finally, wait until the light goes out, and the update has completed.
The onboard Intel i210 chipset supports the two RJ-45 network connectors. These also support teaming, and are certified by VMware to support virtualization.
Connectors on the left side of the motherboard are clear as to their function, with easy to read labels.
When the EPU switch is set to enable, it will monitor system loading, and moderate the power consumption. This is set to disable by default.
The lower left side of the motherboard again shows clean and easy to read connector labels.
Just above the mounting hole, we see the Directkey button that allows you to go right to the BIOS setup program anytime, without pressing the Delete key during post. This button also acts like a power on/off button.
Near the first PCIe slot, we see the Dr. Power switch, which enables/disables the Dr. Power Utility.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now