We ran the ASUS P9D WS in the lab for over a week under all kinds of different tests conditions, and it's been a rock as far as stability is concerned.
The new tests that we have started using put extreme loads on the system for extended periods of time, and the P9D WS handled this with no problems. It stayed nice and cool, even with the stock Intel CPU cooler, so there is no need really to install higher-end coolers on a system like this.
We have used the Intel 4771 on several motherboards here in the lab, and found the test results to be on par with the others. What sets this board apart from the others is the UEFI BIOS, which is a nice improvement over the others that still use the Award BIOS. It makes simple things like booting into the BIOS, clicking optimized for performance, and clicking F10 to save and reboot, very easy to do.
The motherboard itself is very clean, and has easy to read labels for all the connection headers, which makes setup a breeze.
We found the supplied software, AI Suite 3, to work very well at adjusting the different system settings. It also gives the ability to check on system temperatures, to make sure the system is running nice and cool. This is useful at first, but after the system is setup and running, you might not ever check it again; however, it is nice to have it just in case.
Dr. Power is also very nice to have; it will alert you in the middle of a long run if your power supply starts giving you issues. If you use a power supply that is very close in rating to what your max power load would be, this might come in handy; but nowadays, installing a higher rated power supply is not uncommon, unless you are trying to save money on build costs.
ASUS offers a limited warranty period of three years through the ASUS website. At the time of writing, the price of the P9D WS was $234.45, which is a good price, compared to other workstation motherboards in this class. Check below for up to date pricing.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS P9D WS Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS P9D WS Motherboard retails for $234.49 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now