The K8V Deluxe is almost cosmetically identical to that of its bigger brother, the SK8V. The physically apparent differences are unfortunately both drawbacks in themselves: The motherboard's ATX power connector is awkwardly positioned (refer to the image below), and the K8V's DIMM slots take a hit, thus only boasting three. But, for a motherboard boasting such an abundance of connectivity, one would be surprised when comparing this product to other similar competitors; sometimes advertising prices forty-percent higher than this particular model, whilst only noticing very slight differences in both performance and features.
Features and Specifications:
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 (754-pin)
- Chipsets: VIA K8T800, VIA VT8237
- Memory: 3x 184-pin DIMM Sockets (3GB max) - PC3200/PC2700/PC2100 DDR
- Expansion Slots: 1x AGP 8x, 1x WiFi Slot, 4x PCI
- Storage: 2x ATA133, 2x SATA, 1x UltraDMA133, 2x Serial ATA (RAID0, RAID1)
As notable in the image above, the K8V'S fifth PCI slot is consumed by ASUS' proprietary WiFi card connector. This ASUS WiFi slot can be found on many of their latest motherboards, including their line of VIA K8T800 chipset driven products; thus, making the WiFi connector transferable to other recently-acquired ASUS branded motherboards.
From left to you right, you can find the K8V Deluxe housing the following external connectors: 2x PS/2, 1x SPDIF, 1x Parallel, 1x Serial, 1x IEEE1394, 4x USB, 1x RJ45 and 1x Audio I/O.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm acquires NXP Semiconductor for $47 billion
- Nintendo Switch has 6-inch 720p multi-touchscreen
- Twitter kills Vine app, web version still available
- Titanfall 2 for PC, up to 20% off for Friday's release
- Final Fantasy XV has gone gold, will have online co-op
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications