Specifications, Pricing and Availability
OCZ's new Vertex 460 replaces the 450 model we reviewed May last year. The capacity sizes are the same - 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. OCZ used the same M10 version of Barefoot 3, but the flash is now from Toshiba, a move we applaud. Toshiba's 19nm MLC flash uses 64Gb dies and is considerably faster than IMFT's 20nm with 128Gb dies in lower capacity SSDs. OCZ claims sequential read performance for the 240GB model at 540 MB/s. The sequential write performance is 525 MB/s and 4K IOPS comes to 85K read and 90K write.
OCZ put together a nice slide showing the feature list for the Vertex 460. Some of this we'll cover in the next slide. OCZ again used the alloy case for Vertex 460, so the drive has a 7mm z-height. Internally, the drive has 256-bit AES encryption, but does lack eDrive and TCG Opal support.
Here we see the current OCZ 2.5" product line up. Vector 150 recently replaced the original Vector, uses the Barefoot 3 M00 controller, and pairs it with Toshiba 19nm Toggle MLC rated for 50GB per day of data writes to the flash. Vertex 450 and Vertex 460 both use the slower clocked Barefoot 3 M10 controller. The difference between these two drives is that the new 460 uses parent company Toshiba 19nm MLC, and the 450 used IMFT 20nm flash. The new 460 model has a higher performance specs sprinkled here and there.
OCZ's Vertex 460 is very close to Vector 150 performance wise, but the warranty drops to three years for 460 and the endurance rating is 20GB per day.
OCZ checked all of the right boxes for performance and now we get to look at the price. OCZ claims MSRPs of $99.99, $189.99 and $359.99 for the three capacity sizes. We compared the kit prices from Samsung's 840 EVO and found that OCZ cut the current 840 EVO prices by $10 in the two smaller capacity sizes and $20 in the 512GB class drive.
Essentially, OCZ is selling the 460 with a full retail accessory package for the same price or below what Samsung sells a bare 840 EVO in the same capacity class.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system