If you are in the market for an 802.11ac upgrade solution, there are no shortage of options available. The Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP is one of these options, and to be honest, it might just be the most complete solution I have seen to date. The router's build quality is superb, with durable plastics used in construction, and the internal components chosen have been proven to perform.
Performance of the router was quite exceptional; in most cases it leads the chart among the three AC routers we have seen. The management interface is clean and simple using the basic mode. For users that want additional options, the included advanced mode enables those. One feature that I found while browsing through the router, which I failed to mention previously, was the ability to send WOL magic packets straight from the routers menu.
This is a feature that can come in handy for users of multiple PCs. As this router is based on Broadcom design, it also leaves the option open for third party firmware. Even further, Buffalo has a history of using DDWRT with some of their other products, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that for this, or the next router to come out of Buffalo Technology.
Market pricing of the Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP has the unit at $134.99. Comparable routers in this segment are the D-Link 868L at $149.99, the Netgear R6300 at $179.99, and the ASUS RT-AC66U at $169.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Corsair launches Bulldog SFF chassis and Lapdog mechanical keyboards
- G.Skill's TridentZ DDR4 RAM overclocked to an insane 5GHz
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards