If you are in the market for an 802.11ac upgrade solution, there are no shortage of options available. The Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP is one of these options, and to be honest, it might just be the most complete solution I have seen to date. The router's build quality is superb, with durable plastics used in construction, and the internal components chosen have been proven to perform.
Performance of the router was quite exceptional; in most cases it leads the chart among the three AC routers we have seen. The management interface is clean and simple using the basic mode. For users that want additional options, the included advanced mode enables those. One feature that I found while browsing through the router, which I failed to mention previously, was the ability to send WOL magic packets straight from the routers menu.
This is a feature that can come in handy for users of multiple PCs. As this router is based on Broadcom design, it also leaves the option open for third party firmware. Even further, Buffalo has a history of using DDWRT with some of their other products, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that for this, or the next router to come out of Buffalo Technology.
Market pricing of the Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP has the unit at $134.99. Comparable routers in this segment are the D-Link 868L at $149.99, the Netgear R6300 at $179.99, and the ASUS RT-AC66U at $169.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset