If you are in the market for an 802.11ac upgrade solution, there are no shortage of options available. The Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP is one of these options, and to be honest, it might just be the most complete solution I have seen to date. The router's build quality is superb, with durable plastics used in construction, and the internal components chosen have been proven to perform.
Performance of the router was quite exceptional; in most cases it leads the chart among the three AC routers we have seen. The management interface is clean and simple using the basic mode. For users that want additional options, the included advanced mode enables those. One feature that I found while browsing through the router, which I failed to mention previously, was the ability to send WOL magic packets straight from the routers menu.
This is a feature that can come in handy for users of multiple PCs. As this router is based on Broadcom design, it also leaves the option open for third party firmware. Even further, Buffalo has a history of using DDWRT with some of their other products, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that for this, or the next router to come out of Buffalo Technology.
Market pricing of the Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP has the unit at $134.99. Comparable routers in this segment are the D-Link 868L at $149.99, the Netgear R6300 at $179.99, and the ASUS RT-AC66U at $169.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 64: now $700+ on Amazon and Newegg
- Hollywood, not miners, gobbling up Radeon RX Vega supply
- Microsoft introduces Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition
- Tesla's Gigafactory shows huge progress in a new video
- Final Fantasy XV will support 8K resolution on PC
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience