In our first wireless throughput test (the 2.4 GHz band at 20 MHz width), we have the AirStation starting out around 80 mbps, and topping out near 112 mbps.
Increasing the channel width to 40 MHz had the Buffalo starting around 80 mbps once again, but topping at 180 mbps towards the end of the run.
Moving to the 5 GHz band at the 20 MHz channel width, we find all routers tangling up. Peak rate for the Buffalo came in at 175 mbps.
We had left TX beam forming on throughout testing, as it is enabled by default on the AirStation. In this case, you can see how the router starts off around 150 mbps, then shoots up to 250 mbps after the beam forming learns the location of the connection.
The Buffalo AirStation in 802.11ac started out at 200 mbps; performance then increased, topping out at 380 mbps.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards