In our first wireless throughput test (the 2.4 GHz band at 20 MHz width), we have the AirStation starting out around 80 mbps, and topping out near 112 mbps.
Increasing the channel width to 40 MHz had the Buffalo starting around 80 mbps once again, but topping at 180 mbps towards the end of the run.
Moving to the 5 GHz band at the 20 MHz channel width, we find all routers tangling up. Peak rate for the Buffalo came in at 175 mbps.
We had left TX beam forming on throughout testing, as it is enabled by default on the AirStation. In this case, you can see how the router starts off around 150 mbps, then shoots up to 250 mbps after the beam forming learns the location of the connection.
The Buffalo AirStation in 802.11ac started out at 200 mbps; performance then increased, topping out at 380 mbps.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY