In our first wireless throughput test (the 2.4 GHz band at 20 MHz width), we have the AirStation starting out around 80 mbps, and topping out near 112 mbps.
Increasing the channel width to 40 MHz had the Buffalo starting around 80 mbps once again, but topping at 180 mbps towards the end of the run.
Moving to the 5 GHz band at the 20 MHz channel width, we find all routers tangling up. Peak rate for the Buffalo came in at 175 mbps.
We had left TX beam forming on throughout testing, as it is enabled by default on the AirStation. In this case, you can see how the router starts off around 150 mbps, then shoots up to 250 mbps after the beam forming learns the location of the connection.
The Buffalo AirStation in 802.11ac started out at 200 mbps; performance then increased, topping out at 380 mbps.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ADATA reveals new XPG Flame DDR4-3000 RAM
- I'm cheating on Overwatch with Battlefield 1, for now
- Battlefield 1 open beta is 7GB on the PC
- Intel Core i7-7700K 'Kaby Lake' performance teased
- ESL inks deal with Yahoo Esports on everything eSports
- Intel 7th Gen "Kaby Lake" Core Processor Overview
- Who to Request For Motherboard Review Sample ?
- Cooler Master MasterCase 3 Micro-ATX Tower Case Review
- Samsung EVO 256GB microSDXC Memory Card Review
- Asrock z170 gaming k4/d3 and the f-stream tuning program
- Samsung mass produces 14nm Exynos processor with full connectivity integration
- Samsung launches two new curved gaming monitors
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces ROG Masters
- BIOSTAR TB150 PRO motherboard designed for professional mining
- ADATA launches XPG Flame DDR4 memory modules