In our first wireless throughput test (the 2.4 GHz band at 20 MHz width), we have the AirStation starting out around 80 mbps, and topping out near 112 mbps.
Increasing the channel width to 40 MHz had the Buffalo starting around 80 mbps once again, but topping at 180 mbps towards the end of the run.
Moving to the 5 GHz band at the 20 MHz channel width, we find all routers tangling up. Peak rate for the Buffalo came in at 175 mbps.
We had left TX beam forming on throughout testing, as it is enabled by default on the AirStation. In this case, you can see how the router starts off around 150 mbps, then shoots up to 250 mbps after the beam forming learns the location of the connection.
The Buffalo AirStation in 802.11ac started out at 200 mbps; performance then increased, topping out at 380 mbps.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Buffalo AirStation 1750DHP Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs