Accessory Port Layout and Performance
The left side (from back to front) features the DisplayPort, HDMI port, two USB 3.0 ports, and a headphone jack.
The right side (from back to front) features the Kensington lock, charger port, power button, volume buttons, one USB 2.0 port, and a SD card reader.
The Aspire R7 produces an average USB 2.0 read speed of 30.8MB/s, which places it towards the upper end of the spectrum of devices we have tested.
However, when writing via USB 2.0, the Aspire R7 falls slightly behind the average of the pack. The R7 pushes out an average of 21.8MB/s, which is roughly average.
As far as USB 3.0 performance goes, the R7 falls behind the pack, producing a read speed of just 85.1MB/s. While it's not the slowest we've ever tested, it failed to enter into the triple digits like most other systems.
The trend continues with USB 3.0 write speeds that put the system towards the back of the pack. Again, the Aspire R7 failed to enter the triple digits, producing an average write speed of just 97.3MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and other User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni