Accessory Port Layout and Performance
The left side (from back to front) features the DisplayPort, HDMI port, two USB 3.0 ports, and a headphone jack.
The right side (from back to front) features the Kensington lock, charger port, power button, volume buttons, one USB 2.0 port, and a SD card reader.
The Aspire R7 produces an average USB 2.0 read speed of 30.8MB/s, which places it towards the upper end of the spectrum of devices we have tested.
However, when writing via USB 2.0, the Aspire R7 falls slightly behind the average of the pack. The R7 pushes out an average of 21.8MB/s, which is roughly average.
As far as USB 3.0 performance goes, the R7 falls behind the pack, producing a read speed of just 85.1MB/s. While it's not the slowest we've ever tested, it failed to enter into the triple digits like most other systems.
The trend continues with USB 3.0 write speeds that put the system towards the back of the pack. Again, the Aspire R7 failed to enter the triple digits, producing an average write speed of just 97.3MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and other User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset