We've got a bunch of motherboards in our graphs here today, with the GIGBAYTE Z87X-OC Force being run at both stock speed, and overclocked. We'll talk about the latter in just a moment. As for the other boards that you'll see in our graphs today, we've got the MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING, ASRock Z87 OC FORMULA, and the non-Force version of the board we're looking at today: the GIGABYTE Z87X-OC.
Along with all those Z87 based options, we've also got the Z77 based MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming, alongside the GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi to round things off. As always though, before we get into the performance of the board, we need to check what exactly is going on in terms of the overclock.
Overclocking went really well on the board, and it looked like we might be able to get 5GHz stable. We didn't have any problems getting into Windows, and it survived much longer than other boards we've tested. We messed around with the voltages for ages, in all places, to see if we could get it stable. In the end though, no matter what, that 50x multiplier just didn't want to play nice.
We moved back to the 49x multiplier, which brings us in at 4.9GHz. This is the number that we find most of our boards sitting at. It came as no surprise that this was stable, so we headed back into the BIOS to mess with the BCLK a little, to see if we could get any more. Unfortunately, we couldn't get anything stable.
In the end though, we got 4.9GHz stable, which is a strong overclock. We did manage to drop the voltage down, and had the system stable at 1.323v. We're hoping this will mean that at this speed, we won't experience high 90c load numbers when it comes to the temperature.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform