Installation and Finished Product
As the instructions showed us to, we adjusted the insert at the end of the legs on the plate, and then we removed the paper on the pad to expose the tape that will stick this plate to the motherboard, and keep it from falling out when trying to screw in the block.
When installing the plate to the motherboard, for certain sockets, you will need to make certain the orientation is correct to allow the top socket screws to pass by the plate.
After we set the screws for the block, it was time for a few more images. The head unit is a bit taller than the usual AIO offering, but much smaller than most other options you have that deliver the level of performance that the Glacer 240L brings.
In our installation, the fitting has the clamp turned out of the way already, which is nice, but I can see some heat spreaders rubbing up against it. You do have the option to turn the head unit ninety degrees on most boards, but then the logo is oriented funny.
Stepping back a bit, there isn't much left to do. The block is mounted, the tubing will go anywhere we need it to, and the fan connection is made for the pump, but we do still have to make the SATA power connection.
Sneaking the head unit in through the D-frame allows us to make a clean run to the CPU socket during testing. I know some will say the radiator is upside down, but we test with the chassis in multiple positions, and even like this there was no performance drop, they did a great job of topping this off with as little air left in the loop as possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni