Accessories and Documentation
The Glacer 240L comes with hardware to fit all of the current sockets as well. Here are the LGA 2011 thumbscrews that are sleeved with a spring; they run through the pre-installed Intel mounting legs on the block, and the washers slide on from the bottom to help keep the screws in the mounting legs. Since the LGA2011 socket is where the screws mount, there is no back plate for this installation.
They also send the full AMD kit too. I added the tube of thermal paste to the middle, but the Glacer offers new block hardware, and tiny screws to mount it. There are four metal washers, and three plastic washers. There are also the four AMD thumbscrews, but you borrow springs, and with only three plastic clip washers, you need to borrow one of them as well.
There is also a fan accessories kit of screws. Here, you are offered eight short fan screws as a mounting option, and they also give you eight long screws that go through the fans frame, and will mount this kit into a chassis. It also helps if you want to add a couple more fans to the radiator prior to its installation.
I did want to show the Intel back plate. This comes with four foam pads that have removable covers, to allow this to stick right to the back of the motherboard to ease the block's installation. Each end is also adjustable so that this will fit various sockets (except for LGA2011).
CoolerMaster also offers a user guide for the Glacer 240L, and right away they are congratulating you on the purchase. They also strongly suggest at least looking through this prior to any attempt at installation.
Inside, the first page offers a minimized specifications chart, and at the bottom, it offers the packing list. This will make sure right away if you have all the parts you need to get the build complete, long before you are elbows deep in the chassis.
This page then covers the installation for all of the Intel sockets. It shows how to adjust the back plate, to remove the pad covers, remove the block cover, and mate the two together. There are steps to swap out for LGA2011, but AMD users are left to fend for themselves. As you can see, the bottom states that the last page was mounting diagrams and instructions, which we just left out since the box images already covered this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY