Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Aesthetically, the Avior is much different from the Naos. This time around, we are dealing with a long and slender design that allows for either hand to operate this mouse. It comes in black, with the top of it using a rubberized coating for grip, as well as looks. There are nine buttons on this mouse, and similar to the Naos design, there is an illuminated logo at the heel of the mouse, and the scroll wheel will also light up once the Avior 7000 receives power. This design is packed into a shape that is 125mm in length, only 65mm in width, stands 36mm tall, and weighs in at an amazingly light 100 grams.
Then, following the chart for the information it has to offer, you can see it uses a lot of the same internal components as the new Naos does. It incorporates the 32-bit ARM processor, the Omron switches, and the addition of the Avago ADNS3310 optical sensor. This also offers up to 7000DPI in three selections via buttons on the mouse, but the scale slides from 50 to 7000, in 50 DPI moves. The Avior also carries the same customizable software, giving you profiles, Macros, and 16.8 million color choices for the pair of LEDs. The Avior also offers the normal things like a 1ms polling rate, PTFE feet, and a braided USB 2.0 cable to transfer information from the mouse to the PC. As always though, if we missed anything here, as we continue we will be sure to cover all aspects of what the Avior 7000 brings to the table.
Unlike when we looked for the Naos, the Avior 7000 is currently a tad more elusive. Google only brings up hits for the Avior 8200 laser sensor based mouse, but after doing a bit more digging, I was able to locate the Avior 7000 on at least one e-tailer's shelves. That would be over at Newegg, where we found the listing prices at $79.99 U.S. dollars. As a right handed user, and just having seen the much larger Naos that fits the hand like a custom tailored glove, getting much less mouse for that price isn't very appealing.
For the lefty's out there, with the limited amount of choices to pick from: finding one as feature rich as what Mionix is able to deliver, is likely worth its weight in gold. By the time we are done looking at the Avior inside and out, and after we play with the software a bit, we can get a better handle on the overall value of what the Mionix Avior 7000 has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Documentation]
- Page 4 [Mionix Avior 7000 Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti