The Corsair CS650M does a great job at making sure that there are enough cables and connectors to get the job done. The obligatory 24 pin Main, and ATX 4 + 4 connectors are present, alongside a pair of dual PCI-E cables. Peripherals are handled via three more cables, for a total of six SATA, and four Molex. There is also a Molex to FDD adapter included, in case you still need it. All cables are modular except for the Main and ATX 4 + 4.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
A pair of passive heat sinks takes care of most of the passive cooling for the unit. Coupled with the open air design of the unit, it should be more than enough for a power supply of this wattage.
Two Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is filled with Taiwanese capacitors. In the picture above, you can see both Teapo and Elite caps. Our readers are sure to be familiar with Teapo by now, but this is the first Elite capacitor that we have ever seen in a power supply on our bench.
Corsair uses the Ong Hua HA1224l12S-Z 120mm fan to actively cool the CS650M.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla Model S P85D goes head to head with McLaren 650S
- SAPPHIRE announces its new NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- See Star Citizen's current biggest flyable ship in 4K
- Twitter will livestream free NHL, MLB games
- For just $69, you'll get 1000+ hours of coding instruction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio