The Corsair CS650M does a great job at making sure that there are enough cables and connectors to get the job done. The obligatory 24 pin Main, and ATX 4 + 4 connectors are present, alongside a pair of dual PCI-E cables. Peripherals are handled via three more cables, for a total of six SATA, and four Molex. There is also a Molex to FDD adapter included, in case you still need it. All cables are modular except for the Main and ATX 4 + 4.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
A pair of passive heat sinks takes care of most of the passive cooling for the unit. Coupled with the open air design of the unit, it should be more than enough for a power supply of this wattage.
Two Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is filled with Taiwanese capacitors. In the picture above, you can see both Teapo and Elite caps. Our readers are sure to be familiar with Teapo by now, but this is the first Elite capacitor that we have ever seen in a power supply on our bench.
Corsair uses the Ong Hua HA1224l12S-Z 120mm fan to actively cool the CS650M.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- Australia's biggest mobile telco Telstra hit by nation-wide outages
- iPhones being permanently bricked by 'Error 53'
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance