The Corsair CS650M does a great job at making sure that there are enough cables and connectors to get the job done. The obligatory 24 pin Main, and ATX 4 + 4 connectors are present, alongside a pair of dual PCI-E cables. Peripherals are handled via three more cables, for a total of six SATA, and four Molex. There is also a Molex to FDD adapter included, in case you still need it. All cables are modular except for the Main and ATX 4 + 4.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
A pair of passive heat sinks takes care of most of the passive cooling for the unit. Coupled with the open air design of the unit, it should be more than enough for a power supply of this wattage.
Two Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is filled with Taiwanese capacitors. In the picture above, you can see both Teapo and Elite caps. Our readers are sure to be familiar with Teapo by now, but this is the first Elite capacitor that we have ever seen in a power supply on our bench.
Corsair uses the Ong Hua HA1224l12S-Z 120mm fan to actively cool the CS650M.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited
- LYRobotix set to release a VR Motion tracking system for mobile gaming
- I Am Setsuna coming to Nintendo Switch on March 3
- 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 voting event starts
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings