This HP Z1 is the first all-in-one system I've had the pleasure of reviewing. It's an extremely well-engineered system, but it is pretty heavy. The 27-inch display is quite nice. It's a 2560x1440 IPS panel that provides roughly 75 percent more pixels than a 1080p screen, or roughly 600 pixels in additional width, and 400 in additional height. When you're working on large pictures, those extra pixels are invaluable.
The design of the Z1 is excellent. The monitor can be tilted so the panel is flat (parallel to the desk), or to various angles for optimum viewing. However, there was an issue with port placement. The power, Ethernet, and various other ports are located on the back of the Z1. This normally wouldn't be an issue; however, the stand makes accessing the ports quite difficult.
The components are user-serviceable; this helps extend the life of the machine, which is something that is important in the workstation market. HP also backs the Z1 with superior customer service, which is something companies shopping for workstations expect.
Performance is excellent. Powered by a workstation video card, the Z1 is capable of all of your 3D modeling, video editing and encoding, picture editing, and other workstation needs. The CPU is a server-class CPU, making it capable of cool, stable running.
It's important to keep in mind that this is a workstation-class product, which means it comes with a professional-class price tag. While the system starts at $1,899, our fairly highly spec'd system comes in at just under $3,600. Before you start saying that's expensive, realize that you're getting a 2560x1440 IPS display included in that price, which costs $350 minimum on Newegg, though the HP version is around $1,000.
When it comes down to it: the HP Z1 all-in-one workstation is an excellent machine. It's decently portable-aside from the weight-making it easy to take with you should the need arise. It's built very solidly with great engineering.
The Z1 is an excellent choice should you be in the market for a workstation, or all-in-one desktop. Just don't be expecting to do any sort of gaming on it if it's equipped with a workstation-class video card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Configurations, Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Bundle and System Pictures]
- Page 3 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 4 [CPU Tests]
- Page 5 [Storage Tests]
- Page 6 [System Tests]
- Page 7 [Gaming Tests]
- Page 8 [Temperatures, Noise, and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- Destiny: Xur's Three of Coins exotic drop buff will be a gamble
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20