Temperatures, Cooling, Noise
The system is fully loaded using Furmark and Prime 95, similar to our laptop testing. The sound recordings are made in front of the machine, about 6 inches from the center of the tower. Temperatures are reported as recorded by CoreTemp and Furmark.
The HP Z1 doesn't fair too well in our temperature testing. As you can see in the chart above, its CPU is among one of the warmest we've seen. The GPU stayed a reasonable 75?C though, which is within the thermal limits for the chip.
Although, there appears to be a good reason for the high temperatures: low noise production. The Z1 is by far the quietest system we've tested; it produces just 35 decibels of noise. That's basically unnoticeable, or a very, very quiet whisper. This is a good thing, as it would likely be used in a room with a high quantity of systems. If they were all loud, that room would quickly become overbearingly loud.
Power consumption is measured while the system is loaded for the temperature test, and while sitting idle at the desktop. Measurement is taken at the wall, so it includes everything running in the system; not including the monitor. Note: Since this is an all-in-one system, the monitor is included in the power consumption.
At idle, the machine draws 161 Watts. This is a bit high because it is powering the monitor as well as the system. During a full load, system energy draw spikes to 278 Watts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Configurations, Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Bundle and System Pictures]
- Page 3 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 4 [CPU Tests]
- Page 5 [Storage Tests]
- Page 6 [System Tests]
- Page 7 [Gaming Tests]
- Page 8 [Temperatures, Noise, and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases next-gen Optane tech, requires Kaby Lake
- HyperX ships more than 2 million headsets in three years
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available
- BC1 wins IF design award
- Battle trailer introduces NieR: Automata main weapon types