Features of the 3D Cooler
As always Gigabyte's packaging is attractive and distinctive, no mistaking this for anyone else's product. The cooler is shipped encased in plastic with all of its attachments. This is by far the most versatile cooler available. Inside you get the cooler, installation manual covering installs for P4, K7 and K8, 3.5" drive bay power controller, PCI expansion power controller face plate, power splitter and thermal compound.
Now we take a look at the cooler itself. The unit is extremely large, and for good reason - it is based on a heatpipe design. A copper base plate collects the heat from the CPU die or the IHS (integrated heat spreader on the Pentium 4, Celeron and AMD Athlon 64). This heat is then transferred up the four pipes into the fin coolers above the baseplate. A rotary fan is used in order to remove the heat more affectively than a standard on top fan design.
This is the smart control circuitry that Gigabyte uses for the smart cooling system. This circuit system has a power input that is identical to a FDD power connector which is how the unit gets its power. Beside this is a 3 pin input connector. This is where the RPM control unit is connected. When connected you can place the RPM control unit at the front or back of the case. If the unit is not connected, the fan will run at full RPM no matter what which is as loud as a regular vacuum cleaner.
Now we see the RPM control unit. You can either have this in a spare 3.5" drive bay for front access or if you have none free, simply swap the potentiometer over to the I/O plate and she fits into a spare PCI slot.
Here we see the retention brackets. From left to right we have the AMD Athlon XP clips, in the middle the two clips for the Pentium 4 and on the right we have the clip for the AMD Athlon 64 CPU.
Gigabyte also includes some thermal paste. This is simple Silicon Dioxide paste which in all honesty should be replaced for some higher quality AS3 or something similar with much better heat transfer properties.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- I am the new guy
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20