Features of the 3D Cooler
As always Gigabyte's packaging is attractive and distinctive, no mistaking this for anyone else's product. The cooler is shipped encased in plastic with all of its attachments. This is by far the most versatile cooler available. Inside you get the cooler, installation manual covering installs for P4, K7 and K8, 3.5" drive bay power controller, PCI expansion power controller face plate, power splitter and thermal compound.
Now we take a look at the cooler itself. The unit is extremely large, and for good reason - it is based on a heatpipe design. A copper base plate collects the heat from the CPU die or the IHS (integrated heat spreader on the Pentium 4, Celeron and AMD Athlon 64). This heat is then transferred up the four pipes into the fin coolers above the baseplate. A rotary fan is used in order to remove the heat more affectively than a standard on top fan design.
This is the smart control circuitry that Gigabyte uses for the smart cooling system. This circuit system has a power input that is identical to a FDD power connector which is how the unit gets its power. Beside this is a 3 pin input connector. This is where the RPM control unit is connected. When connected you can place the RPM control unit at the front or back of the case. If the unit is not connected, the fan will run at full RPM no matter what which is as loud as a regular vacuum cleaner.
Now we see the RPM control unit. You can either have this in a spare 3.5" drive bay for front access or if you have none free, simply swap the potentiometer over to the I/O plate and she fits into a spare PCI slot.
Here we see the retention brackets. From left to right we have the AMD Athlon XP clips, in the middle the two clips for the Pentium 4 and on the right we have the clip for the AMD Athlon 64 CPU.
Gigabyte also includes some thermal paste. This is simple Silicon Dioxide paste which in all honesty should be replaced for some higher quality AS3 or something similar with much better heat transfer properties.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog