ASUS have undoubtedly got the BEST software I have seen bundled with any retail graphics card in some time. Starting with the attractive... SmartDoctor which is used to take care of your valuable system to provide the best safety with SmartCooling Technology, Dynamic Overclocking, Over-heat Protection, Fan RPM Monitoring, AGP Power Level Monitoring, this ASUS program is wonderful. ASUS SmartDoctor is designed to satisfy two major goals. One is to monitor the graphic chip status, alerting users about abnormal events, such as fan malfunction or chip overheat. The other, as the name "SmartDoctor" suggests, is to "cool" down the graphic chip smartly when it is not necessary for it to be kept running at full speed...
Going from the left is AGP Bus VDDQ Voltage status, AGP Bus 3.3 Voltage status, Graphic Chip Temperature and Fan Rotation Speed (RPMs). In the text box you can notice a basic diagnoses saying "Your VGA Card is OK." - that's good because I don't want it to say Your VGA Card is overheated and blow up in 5...4...3...2...1 or something. I love this particular software, ASUS have done a good job (again).
I thought I would never see this, companies are actually releasing their products with their own OVERCLOCKING SOFTWARE... ASUS weren't to be left out, in this already wonderful software package they include a program simply called ASUS Tweak Utility. Which basically gives you the option of changing (overclocking) both Engine and Memory clock speeds...
All ASUS need now is TweakTown's logo and they'll be all set... Above are the default settings;Engine Clock : 200MHz and Memory Clock : 333MHz. The 2D Test is used to test stability, well at least that's what I thought. More about that in our up and coming GeForce2 Overclocking Guide! One downside to this software is both SmartDoctor and ASUS Tweak Utility cannot be running at the same time, which in a way, defeats the purpose of the software. As well as all the other options you get in Windows Display Options now known as ASUS Control Panel (icon sitting in taskbar) you get additional tabs like Information, Color, Display and Advanced settings and more...
Also included is ASUS VR PictureViewer which lets you view stereo images, size your stereo image, set VR effect of your 3D ASUS glassed (VR-100G), and test your 3D glasses functionality. We did not get the 3D glasses which are available at an extra cost... DVD2000 software is also included in case you have a DVD Player.
Pros: Fastest graphics card on the market to date, absolutely excellent quality and performance, fantastic ASUS software...
Cons: Expensive, 64mb GF2's are just around the corner...
The ASUS v7700 GeForce2 GTS graphics card is by the far the BEST card we have had an opportunity to review. Ranging from its stunning quality and raw speed... this card is beautiful. ASUS have packed this card full of features different from the nVidia GF2 reference board we first saw earlier this year, features such as Hardware Monitoring is excellent and a welcome addition to other cards that don't sport such features. ASUS have not held back with their wonderful software / driver bundle, gamers will be happy with the two full versions and 12 game demo CD included. Thumbs up to ASUS, I'm now keen to see how the ABIT GF2 GTS will perform against the v7700!
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- Top Memorial Day laptop deals with 7th Gen Kaby Lake
- New Dragon Age game could be big-budget, not RTS spinoff
- LeEco's crash in the US leaves hundreds unemployed
- Tekken 7 PC requirements revealed
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017