Func KB-460 Continued
Not only can you now see the Cherry MX red linear switches used in the KB-460, but with the caps now exposing more, that bright red paint on the steel panel is very easy to see. Also, each switch houses its own individual LED for later illumination.
The key caps are double shot, which is the preferred method of making key caps when illumination is provided. The inner shot is an opaque white plastic. Once that is done, there is a black shot applied to offer the final color, yet still expose the legends made of the inner shot.
At the back of the keyboard (to the left as this image is oriented), there is a dual port USB 2.0 hub to allow other devices to plug in here. Just a bit further right, but way off center, is where the braided cable comes out of the keyboard to connect it to the PC.
All 1.8 meters of the cable are braided in black with bright orange running through it. Since the gold plated USB 2.0 connector has no branding on it, the color of the cable makes it easy to find with the rest of the plain black cables connected to the rear I/O.
As with most keyboards, the KB-460 also offers extendable legs that will raise the back of the keyboard an additional half of an inch to offer a better ergonomic attack to all of the keys.
The bottom of the keyboard is pretty plain, but does have some structural shaping visible to keep the PCB and steel plate from bouncing inside the frame. There is also a sticker right in the middle where the serial number is found for registration.
The front edge of the keyboard offers wide, but skinny rubber feet to grip the desk top. When the feet at the back are tucked into the keyboard, the two pads like this on the front edge are the only thing offering grip.
However, Func took the time to rubber coat the ends of the adjustable feet. Most users will likely have these extended for use, allowing the KB-460 to grip in all four corners.
We also pulled the wrist rest and clips out of the box to show how they work. One side of them slides onto the rest, while the end with tabs squeezes into the front edge of the keyboard to lock the rest and keyboard together.
With both parts locked together, the raised front edge of the KB-460 becomes much less of an issue when using the rest. It is also coated with the rubber coating, and offers plenty of room for even the biggest of hands to rest upon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Func KB-460 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [Func KB-460 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the Func KB-460]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- Samsung's new 3440x1440 display has FreeSync and 100Hz
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller