Func KB-460 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Fresh out of the box, while the keys are not yet illuminated, all of the legends are currently white. But, look closer between the keys. There is a bit of that bright red used to paint the steel panel supporting the switches, to offer some color and styling; even right out of the box.
The left side of the KB-460 shows the frame is split equally as the halves meet. The lower half is a textured plastic, and the top is covered with a rubberized coating, which explains the slight difference in color of the two components.
Each of the key caps is shaped cylindrically to allow for a very good feel as your fingers nestle into the deeper middle sections. The serious ridges used on the home keys can also be seen. Not only is it easy to find blindly, but they won't soon wear away.
The left section of seventy-four keys is where most of the magic happens. Here is where most of the typing is done, but at the top is also where multi-media and profile controls are located.
Across the F-keys, things start off with the multimedia controls. There is a mute button, volume down, volume up, and the F4 key functions as a play pause button.
F5 offers the rewind function, and F6 offers fast forward, but then we switch to profiles. F7 is for profile one and F8 offers profile two.
The last three profiles (three, four, and five) are found on the F9 through F11 keys. The F12 key is the Func Mode key, and its job is to activate the re-assigned keys, and disable the Windows key to keep you locked in the game, firing on all cylinders.
The very top right corner of the KB-460 is where you will find the company branding. Here, the Func name is simply pressed into the plastic, and coated with the rubberized coating, just like the rest of the top is.
We then have the 30-key number pad section to give users the full effect. If you can't live without the number-pad for data entry or gaming with the left hand there, this is the perfect answer to that desire.
In case you missed it in the last image, the two, four, six, and eight number keys are set up as additional arrow keys. There are also light indicators on two and four to adjust three levels of illumination; including off, or opting to use the breathing mode.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Func KB-460 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [Func KB-460 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the Func KB-460]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Score this award-winning Bluetooth speaker for 50% off
- Blizzard talk rewards in World of Warcraft patch: 7.1
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards