Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Covering what the specifications chart offers us: we find that the Func KB-460 is based on Cherry MX Red linear switches under all of the key caps. The top of each of those key caps offers a cylindrical shaped top, and the home keys offer the raised sections for easy finger association to the caps. To activate the switch, it takes 45 grams of pressure from the fingertip. Out of the 4mm of travel, activation of the switch is at 2mm of travel, so the key does not need to bottom out against the frame to work. There is full NKRO support via the provided USB connection, and individual red LEDs for each key. That USB 2.0 connection we just mentioned is gold plated, and comes at the end of 1.8 meters of black and orange braided cabling. Along with the keyboard offering 128KB of onboard memory, there is also a two port USB 2.0 hub at the back for your headset and mouse to connect to, and clean up the desk a bit.
What you are getting here is a 104-key layout that is available in U.S., French, German, Nordic, Russian, and UK symbology on the key caps. These key caps are double shot injection molded; making it so that the legends never wear off the keys. All told, the KB-460 is 448mm from left to right, 198mm from front to back, stands 33mm at the rear, and comes in with a weight of 1245 grams. Along with being fully Windows compatible, and only requiring 10 MB of free space for the software installation, the aesthetic appeal of the rubberized black surface, the red steel plate, and the red LEDs makes the Func KB-460 nice to look at with the LEDs on or off, day or night.
From what I could find, Func Mice are in the States now; but as far as locating the KB-460 here, there has been very little information yet to surface anywhere. Even on their site, the only retailer listed is in the Czech Republic. While I see most other review sites have listed the KB-460 as selling for $120, this is only somewhat true. The initial MSRP was to be set at $119.95, but in an email I was also told that after some time, this keyboard would be readily available at $99.95 U.S. dollars.
Considering the fact that we are still hard pressed to find one, just to hazard a guess: by the time they do start to pop up at various e-tailers, the near $100 price point should be where most potential buyers will find the Func KB-460, and from what we have seen, it is very respectable at that pricing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Func KB-460 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [Func KB-460 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the Func KB-460]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform