Let us imagine for a moment that we could do anything we wanted with the components that make up an AIO, just for the sake of giggles. With all of the basic offerings out there, if you are looking to stand out in the crowd, you are going to have to do some pretty drastic engineering here. So, let's say we grab a dual 120mm radiator to use as our heat transfer device. But, why not try and improve on the basic AIO concept as well, and go with dual pumps? Of course we can't stack them on the head unit now can we?
So, we have to devise a way around this. Removing the pump from the head unit is a good idea, and would result in an even flatter head unit that would be the lowest profile head unit on the market. Without a pump in the head unit, and the fact that we are going with two of them, it leaves little other than the radiator as where to mount them, but how would we do this and still not affect the fan placement on one side, or completely block off airflow if we did block fan placement?
Antec has come out with this exact concept, and while it is a bit strange and unusual to look at, it is one of a kind, and unlike anything I have seen before. In fact, with a bit of creative plumbing, a dual single pass radiator, two fans, and two pumps, Antec is offering one of the thickest AIO kits to hit the shelves. The stacking of devices was their solution, and on a standard 27mm thick radiator, there is 25mm of fan and frame. There is also a pump housing that is similar in size to the fans hubs, as not to block incoming airflow. In this instance, an image is worth a thousand words, because you really need to set your eyes on this AIO to get the full effect.
This new creation is referred to as the Kuhler H2O 1250, keeping it in the family of the Kuhler H20 series that Antec is already known for, and is truly unique amongst other AIO offerings out there. Stick with us as we put the 1250 through our gantlet, and see just how well this design copes with the copious amounts of heat that our test system provides us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017