HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: Measures the performance
Info: Shows detailed information
Health: Checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: Scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write, and access time results. It is now considered a must-have application for storage device testing.
We shouldn't run into any issues today with the Samsung 840 EVO mSATA 120GB when it comes to read performance. This drive should actually be brilliant when reading both sequential and random data. On the sequential side: at QD1, we achieved an average read of 440 MB/s with the 64KB block size.
When writing 64KB blocks, we see how write performance can drop off with sequential data. Let's look at the actual trace to see what's happening.
Here we see Turbo Write caching the write, but unlike the 1TB model, the 120GB capacity size has a very small SLC like buffer area. When we get through the SLC area, the 64KB sequential write performance drops down to between 140 and 150 MB/s.
HD Tach - Sequential Performance after Random Writes
In this test, we use the 128KB block size, and run the test after a consumer appropriate level of random writes. This is where things get funky. We didn't hit the drive very hard with random writes, but the performance still dropped below 50 MB/s for the final 1/3 of the test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- Nintendo Switch teardown teases massive 4310mAh battery
- Mass Effect Andromeda's latest gameplay video is here
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact