Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Comay released two versions of the BladeDrive G24, and they differ by the capacity size. The smaller version uses 256GB of flash, and the larger model that we're looking at today has 512GB of flash. The Toshiba 19nm TSOP flash is fed by four LSI SF-2281 controllers. The controllers lead back to a unique RAID controller that we know very little about, other than it's made by Comay, and has a part number of SBC208. The interface to the host system is PCIe 2.0 8x lanes, much faster than any of the consumer focused All-in-One SSD RAID products that operate with just two PCIe lanes.
The BladeDrive has a number of advanced features, but leading the charge is SCSI Unmap, which is a TRIM command for the SSDs in RAID, first introduced on Windows 8 and Server 2012. A number of LSI features are present as well, such as RAISE, and AES-128 Bit encryption DURA Write, the data encryption scheme that reduces the number of data writes to the flash.
The part we all care about is performance, and that's where the extra PCI Express lanes come into play. Comay claims sequential read and write performance of up to 2GB/s. That's enterprise level performance, and exactly what we want to see on products like this. Another massive measurement comes from the random IOPS performance of up to 275,000 IOPS!
Another massive number takes on a different tone, and that is the price. The MSRP for the 240GB model is $496, and the 480GB model we're looking at today has an MSRP of $830. The numbers may look high, but let's put them into perspective with other products on the market.
The accessory package consists of a full and half height bracket, a quality control card, and a thumb drive with the drivers. Comay includes SSD Toolbox software that allows you to quickly secure erase the drive. The warranty terms are three years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [Comay BladeDrive G24 480GB]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4