It is quite well known that the 3D battle for not only speed but market acceptance is now in full swing and with this we have the good news as well as bad news scenario for both the consumer and the manufacturer.
While just a year ago, the only card to choose was an nVidia powered card - ATI, S3 and 3DFX were just not up to the standards. Now ATI has come into its own, S3 is in partnership with VIA and quitting the high-end video cards and well, 3DFX is now owned by nVidia. Quite simply, at this time it is a choice of either Radeon or GeForce FX in the high-end graphics department.
Gigabyte has been one of my favourite up and comers in the hardware community, why? Simply put, they are diverse. Rather than put all their push onto the one product or chipset, Gigabyte give each a chance. If it doesn't perform, it doesn't make the final cut. This makes Gigabyte a much more diverse company then the likes of ASUS or ABIT who stick to the one make, rather than testing all of what is available.
Gigabyte's graphics segment has been more a one sided affair ever since the GeForce 3 did not perform as well as expected, and ATI were looking for partners. Since then Gigabyte has pushed its ATI Radeon based card, today Gigabyte is expanding into the nVidia market.
Seeing the original NV30 based core cards were more of a flop, it has taken the NV35 and NV38 cores from nVidia to convince Gigabyte to try nVidia again. Today they have taken the challenge nVidia has laid down to ATI with the GeForce FX 5950 GPU. Today in our first review for 2004 we take a look at Gigabyte's first nVidia card in over two years - Introducing the N595U from Gigabyte!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Halo PC - Combat Evolved]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Detail]
- Gigabyte 5950 Ultra - Page 13 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's dual Fiji chip spotted as Radeon R9 Gemini, is this the Fury X2?
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog