Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Intel released several product SKUs with the 530 Series. The series consists of three form factors, and a number of different capacity sizes. Today, we're focusing exclusively on the 2.5" 240GB model that Intel specs at 540 MB/s sequential read, 490 MB's sequential write with 4K random IOPS at 41,000 read, and 80,000 write. Surprisingly, the 240GB model is no longer the fastest LSI SandForce SF-2281 controlled drive on Intel's chart; that honor goes to the 480GB model, due to the 4K random read speed of 48,000 IOPS.
Unlike the 335 Series, the 530 Series uses a 7mm z-height that gives the drive access to several new Ultrabooks that are so thin, a 9.5mm drive will not fit. The new 530 Series also supports DEVSLP, a power savings feature also not found on the 335 Series.
As mentioned in the introduction: the Intel 530 240GB has a low price, and competes with Samsung's 840 EVO, and Crucial's M500. When we purchased the drive, it was around 100 dollars more than it is right now. Right now it's $159.99 at Newegg. Adding to the value, Intel includes a five-year warranty, SSD Toolbox software for drive and OS optimizations, and a great hardware accessory package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni