Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Intel released several product SKUs with the 530 Series. The series consists of three form factors, and a number of different capacity sizes. Today, we're focusing exclusively on the 2.5" 240GB model that Intel specs at 540 MB/s sequential read, 490 MB's sequential write with 4K random IOPS at 41,000 read, and 80,000 write. Surprisingly, the 240GB model is no longer the fastest LSI SandForce SF-2281 controlled drive on Intel's chart; that honor goes to the 480GB model, due to the 4K random read speed of 48,000 IOPS.
Unlike the 335 Series, the 530 Series uses a 7mm z-height that gives the drive access to several new Ultrabooks that are so thin, a 9.5mm drive will not fit. The new 530 Series also supports DEVSLP, a power savings feature also not found on the 335 Series.
As mentioned in the introduction: the Intel 530 240GB has a low price, and competes with Samsung's 840 EVO, and Crucial's M500. When we purchased the drive, it was around 100 dollars more than it is right now. Right now it's $159.99 at Newegg. Adding to the value, Intel includes a five-year warranty, SSD Toolbox software for drive and OS optimizations, and a great hardware accessory package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017