8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments, this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Eco falls slightly short of the original Optimus at an impressive 66,297 IOPS at QD256, while the Optimus chugs away at 77,268 IOPS. Both SAS SSDs reach their best performance at QD64, and then fall off slightly under heavier loads.
The Eco again has an increase in variability, but manages to pull off an average of 18,568 IOPS across the board. The original Optimus averages 23,726 IOPS.
Once again, the Eco mirrors the performance of the original Optimus across the different write percentages.
Both SAS SSDs deliver better latency than the SATA SSD, though the CloudSpeed 1000E performs well in this test.
Power consumption for the Eco averages 6.31 Watts during the measurement window, much lower than the original Optimus.
All three SSDs are closely matched in this test, with the original Optimus nudging the Eco with 3,189 IOPS per Watt, and the Eco delivering 2,936 IOPS per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league