8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments, this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Eco falls slightly short of the original Optimus at an impressive 66,297 IOPS at QD256, while the Optimus chugs away at 77,268 IOPS. Both SAS SSDs reach their best performance at QD64, and then fall off slightly under heavier loads.
The Eco again has an increase in variability, but manages to pull off an average of 18,568 IOPS across the board. The original Optimus averages 23,726 IOPS.
Once again, the Eco mirrors the performance of the original Optimus across the different write percentages.
Both SAS SSDs deliver better latency than the SATA SSD, though the CloudSpeed 1000E performs well in this test.
Power consumption for the Eco averages 6.31 Watts during the measurement window, much lower than the original Optimus.
All three SSDs are closely matched in this test, with the original Optimus nudging the Eco with 3,189 IOPS per Watt, and the Eco delivering 2,936 IOPS per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system