Taking a look at the card, we really don't see anything too out of the ordinary. Thanks to the DirectCU II cooler, the card looks near identical to the bigger 280X we recently looked at from ASUS. You can see that we've got two fans over the card, and a couple of really massive heat pipes coming out of the bottom of the card. You can see we've got a great black and red color scheme going on, with the black even being shown on the PCB. Still, as good as it looks, the performance of the cooler is what really matters, and we'll be checking that out a little later in the review.
If we take a look around the card you can see that power comes in the form of two connectors. One is a 6-Pin PCIe power connector, and the other is an 8-Pin PCIe power connector. This is up on the reference power design, which consists of two 6-Pin PCIe connectors only. Staying at the top of the card, but moving to the front, you can see two CrossFire connectors in the event that you want to run multiple cards.
Flipping the card over, and looking at the I/O panel, you can see a very standard setup. We've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors, one is DVI-D, while the other is DVI-I. Along with that, we round off the connectivity side of things with a HDMI, and DisplayPort connector.
Being a TOP card of course means that the R9 270X from ASUS comes overclocked out of the box. What separates the TOP from a normal "OC" version of the card is a much stronger overclock. Out of the box, a reference R9 270X is going to bring with it a core clock of 1050MHz, while the 2GB of GDDR5 comes in at 5600MHz QDR.
Looking above, you can see that while ASUS, like most companies, has chosen to do nothing with the memory clock; they have chosen to give the core a strong boost of 70MHz bringing it too 1120MHz. The core is what brings the biggest gains, and the decision for companies to choose to increase this more and leave the memory clock alone, isn't uncommon at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell gave away HTC Vive Pre's like Santa Claus, no really
- LG unveils the touch-enabled Quick Cover for its unannounced G5 phone
- Rocket League's second season kicks off with a bang
- Quantum Break not an Xbox One Exclusive, coming to PC on April 5th
- Blade and Soul getting new content after reaching 2 million players
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance