HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: Measures the performance
Info: Shows detailed information
Health: Checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: Scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write, and access time results. It is now considered a must-have application for storage device testing.
Not only is the Samsung 840 EVO mSATA 1TB the largest mSATA drive we've seen, it's also one of the fastest when reading sequential data. With an average sequential read speed of 463.5 MB/s at 64KB, the 840 EVO is only slightly slower than the MDSSD BP4.
In this test, we write to every available user block to the drive, and thus we get past the Turbo Write area. For bursts, you can expect to write around 440 MB/s, and then that drops down to around 330 MB/s with the drive still somewhat fresh. When writing very large files to a drive populated with a significant amount of data, the performance can decrease even lower.
HD Tach - Sequential Performance after Random Writes
Here we see 128KB sequential read and write performance after a number of random writes to the drive. Surprisingly, the average write performance is still a bit higher than the average read performance; even after writing the random data to the drive. Turbo Write does a good job keeping the write performance high, even when working with large blocks of data.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Jeff Goldblum joins 'Jurassic World 2' cast
- MSI bundles super-fast Optane M.2 with motherboards
- Director hoping for 'Guardians of the Galaxy' 4K Blu-ray
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family